Euroleague. BC Khimki vs. Zalgiris23 december 2010

BC Khimki managed to cut short a series of losses, having moved in a tactical ending game against Zalgiris Kaunas in the overtime and won it — 93-89 OT (22-23, 20-25, 19-15, 20-18, 12-8). The next game, and again with Zalgiris, but now within the bounds of VTB United League our team will pley on January, 6. The game will start at 14:30 Moscow time.

BC Khimki: Langford (35 + 8 rebounds + 4 assists), Lopez (14), Loncar (13 + 9 rebounds + 3 blocks), Monya (10), Planinic (8 + 7 rebounds + 4 assists), Kelati (7), Eze (2), Panin (2), Savrasenko (2 + 8 rebounds + 2 blocks).

BC Khimki Moscow Region finished its second consecutive Turkish Airlines Euroleague appearance in style by rallying to down Zalgiris 93-89 in overtime in Group A on Thursday. Khimki had run out of chances to reach the Top 16 last week but finished Group A with a 4-6 record. Zalgiris, that led 66-75 with 2 minutes left in regulation, lost the chance to finish second in this group but will keep fighting for Euroleague glory. Keith Langford paced the winners with 35 points, 8 rebounds and 15 fouls drawn. Raul Lopez added 14 points, Kreso Loncar had 13 while Sergey Monya got 10 for Khimki. Mantas Kalnietis led Zalgiris with 24 points. Marty Pocius added 13 for the guests. Kalnietis helped Zalgiris to overcome a slow start and get a 22-23 lead after 10 minutes. Zalgiris dominated the game with good defense that led to easy points in transition, enough for the guests to get a 42-48 lead. Lopez and Langford allowed Khimki to tie the game, 61-61, late in the third quarter. Kalnietis sank back-to-back triples in crunch time and Marty Pocius added a driving layup that seemed to seal the outcome, 65-73, with 3 minutes left. Lopez, and Loncar brought Khimki back to life and a wild triple by Langford sent the game to overtime, 81-81.

In the overtime Langford stayed on fire with a step-back three-pointer early in overtime but Kalnietis answered from downtown to tie the game again, 84-84. Salenga hit free throws that Kelati bettered with a triple to complete the hosts' comeback, 87-86 — Khimki's first lead since the first quarter. Langford split free throws but Begic missed twice from the foul line. Planinic set the crowd on fire with a driving basket, good for a 90-86 Khimki lead with a minute left. A three-pointer by Langford sealed the outcome, allowing all Khimki fans to celebrate a big win in arguably one of the best games this season.