Green's 17 points and 8 assists give him Player of the Week award
28-year old point guard Mike Green (185-PG-85) had a very impressive game in the last round for league's best team Khimky and receives a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 5.
He had the game-high 17 points adding eight rebounds and eight assists for Khimky in his team's victory, helping them to beat Igokea (#5, 1-4) in overtime 91-86. It allowed Khimky to take over top position in the Eurocup group E. Khimky have a solid 4-1 record. Butler University graduate has very impressive stats this year. Green is in league's top in points (5th best: 10.0ppg) and assists (6th best: 6.3apg).
Second best performed player last round was Vladimir Golubovic (213-C-86, agency: Beo Basket) of TED Kolejliler. He is Montenegrin-Serbian center in his first season at TED Kolejliler. In the last game Golubovic recorded impressive 18 points and 7 rebounds. Bad luck as TED Kolejliler lost that game 84-92 to slightly higher-ranked Alba (1-4). This loss caused TED Kolejliler to drop to 6th position in group F. 4 lost games are too many comparing to just one victory TED Kolejliler managed to get this year. Golubovic is a newcomer at TED Kolejliler and quickly became one of team's most reliable players. He belongs to the best scorers in the league with 23.0ppg (#1). He also registered 8.6 boards per game.
Other top performing players last week:
4. Steven Burtt (185-G-84) of Spartak SP — 21 points, 4 rebounds and 9 assists
5. Dylan Page (204-F-82) of CEZ Nymburk — 24 points and 7 rebounds
6. Donta Smith (200-SF-83) of Maccabi Haifa — 21 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists
7. Gerald Lee (208-C-87) of Ploiesti — 16 points, 11 rebounds and 2 assists
8. Ryan Thompson (198-G-89) of Oostende — 25 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists
9. Dijon Thompson (201-G/F-83) of N.Novgorod — 15 points, 11 rebounds and 3 assists
10. Benas Veikalas (192-G-83) of Telekom Bsk — 23 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists
The Player of the week is chosen based on efficiency calculation, but also including game result, importance of the game, if played recorded double-double/triple-double, etc.
The efficiency formula is a combination of various formulas used by different basketball organizations/leagues. We got involved many basketball scouts and journalists to assure it's accuracy.
The formula: 1.5*PTS + 3* (REB+AST+ST+BL-TO) — 2*BSAG — 4*PF + 3*PFRV + 4* (2FGPM+3FGPM) + 1.5*FTM — 3* (2FGPA-2FGPM) — 3* (3FGPA-3FGPM) — (FTA-FTM)